We aim to be a seven days a week church with something for you whether you’re looking for company and friendship, a quiet place for reflection, or want to find out more about God’s love.
There’s a variety of activities and we’re sure that you’ll find something that suits you.
World Day of Prayer, 3rd March 2023 at 7:30pm
- This year the World Day of Prayer will be held at Caversham Baptist Church, South Street, Caversham RG4 8HY.
Churches Together in Caversham Holiday Club 2023
- Bookings are now open for the Churches Together in Caversham Holiday Club for 5-11 year olds from Monday 24 – Friday 27 July.
The theme is “the Restoration Station”
The 2022 price is being held for early bookings, so book by 1st May to get the 2022 price of only £25 per child.
- To book click on CTC Holiday Club
The first Busy Bees Session for the Spring Term 2023 was 2pm Monday 9 January. The group meets every week.
Service of Institution, Induction and Installation of The Revd Kevin Lovell
The Service of Institution, Induction and Installation of Revd Kevin Lovell as the Vicar of the Benefice of St Barnabas, Emmer Green and Caversham Park took place at 7pm on Thursday 15 December at St Barnabas Church.
This Service was available online so that people who were unable to be present in person could participate in the Service.
Service is available to download here: Order of Service.
- You’re welcome to join us at any or all of our services, either at the church or online. For details, see worship.
What’s special about St Barnabas?
- We’re friendly — welcoming everyone with a smile.
- Our door is open to everyone whatever their age or background.
- We’re part of the community offering friendship and refreshment to all, as well as supporting local charities and hosting the meetings of local groups.
- We hold out hope in an uncertain world and encourage questions on life’s big issues.
- We have a variety of services to suit or challenge everyone.
From our Facebook page
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Who was Barnabas?
Barnabas lived at the same time as Jesus and during the life of the early Christian Church he became instrumental in the spreading of the Christian gospel throughout the Mediterranean. His name means ‘encourager’. Encouragement forms an integral part of our church community at the crossroads in Emmer Green.
Like Barnabas we want to encourage and support you. Also like Barnabas we believe we have a message we want to share with you, the good news of the gospel which opens up a whole new way of life.