We aim to be a seven days a week church with something for you whether you’re looking for company and friendship, a quiet place for reflection, or want to find out more about God’s love.
There’s a variety of activities and we’re sure that you’ll find something that suits you. You’re welcome to join us at any or all of our services, either in church or online: for details, see worship. Our weekly notices are available on our News page.
Alpha Course: starts November 6th!
Explore life faith with us, on Monday evenings. The Alpha course is a fantastic way to explore faith, in an informal setting where you can ask questions and listen to the experiences of others. The course runs on Monday evenings, starting on 6th November, please get in touch if you are interested: contact Sandra Rice for details.
Community Drop-In: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings
From September 19th, our Parish Centre will be open from 8:30am until 10:30am for anyone to drop in for a cup of tea or coffee and a chat – or just a quiet time in church. The craft group will continue to meet on Tuesdays and our midweek services will continue as usual.
- Busy Bees meets every Monday during Term Time, including Half Term Holidays and Bank Holidays.
What’s special about St Barnabas?
- We’re friendly — welcoming everyone with a smile.
- Our door is open to everyone whatever their age or background.
- We’re part of the community offering friendship and refreshment to all, as well as supporting local charities and hosting the meetings of local groups.
- We hold out hope in an uncertain world and encourage questions on life’s big issues.
- We have a variety of services to suit or challenge everyone.
From our Facebook page
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Who was Barnabas?
Barnabas lived at the same time as Jesus and during the life of the early Christian Church he became instrumental in the spreading of the Christian gospel throughout the Mediterranean. His name means ‘encourager’. Encouragement forms an integral part of our church community at the crossroads in Emmer Green.
Like Barnabas we want to encourage and support you. Also like Barnabas we believe we have a message we want to share with you, the good news of the gospel which opens up a whole new way of life.