- Join us for our annual garden party from 2-4pm on Saturday 17th July. We aim to build on the success of the “household and handyman” sale in June and give you a safe space to meet up and have fun.
- You’re welcome to join us at any or all of our services, either at the church or online. For details, see worship.
For details of the online meeting links, please subscribe to our mailing list below. If you join the congregation in the church, you must wear a mask, sanitize your hands and observe strict social distancing.
When you come to the parish centre or church, you need to wear a face covering and follow the stewards’ guidance to keep risks from Covid-19 as low as possible. Our church is currently open for:
- Services at 8am and 9.30am on Sundays, and 10am on Wednesdays.
- Private prayer from 9-10.30am on Thursdays, for details see private prayer.
- Food bank donations on Sunday and Thursday mornings.
- Services at 9.30am every Sunday. Attend using zoom or watch the recording later on YouTube. For details and links to recent services, see Online services.
- Online sessions for children are taking a break until September. For more information and links to useful resources, see Derek’s letter to families. For links to recorded sessions of Busy bees and COGS services see the Busy bees and COGS channels on YouTube.
For services from the Oxford diocese, see https://www.oxford.anglican.org/coronavirus-covid-19/livestream/.
If you have friends who don’t have internet access, there are also services from Oxford and prayers available by telephone. For details, see a note from Hayley.
Who was Barnabas?
Barnabas lived at the same time as Jesus and during the life of the early Christian Church he became instrumental in the spreading of the Christian gospel throughout the Mediterranean. His name means ‘encourager’. Encouragement forms an integral part of our church community at the crossroads in the benefice of Emmer Green with Caversham Park.
Like Barnabas we want to encourage and support you. Also like Barnabas we believe we have a message we want to share with you, the good news of the gospel which opens up a whole new way of life.