We’re a seven days a week church with something for you whether you’re looking for company and friendship, a quiet place for reflection, or want to find out more about God’s love.
There’s a variety of activities and we’re sure that you’ll find something that suits you.
What’s special about St Barnabas?
- We’re friendly — welcoming everyone with a smile.
- Our door is open to everyone whatever their age or background.
- We’re part of the community offering friendship and refreshment to all, as well as supporting local charities and hosting the meetings of local groups.
- We hold out hope in an uncertain world and encourage questions on life’s big issues.
- We have a variety of services to suit or challenge everyone.
Who was Barnabas?
Barnabas lived at the same time as Jesus and during the life of the early Christian Church he became instrumental in the spreading of the Christian gospel throughout the Mediterranean. His name means ‘encourager’. Encouragement forms an integral part of our church community at the crossroads in Emmer Green.
Like Barnabas we want to encourage and support you. Also like Barnabas we believe we have a message we want to share with you, the good news of the gospel which opens up a whole new way of life.