What sort of church are we?
We welcome everyone of all faiths and none to join us. We don’t judge and have a variety of services that aim to meet the needs of our community. You’ll find us singing modern worship songs alongside more traditional hymns.
Children are welcome at all services. There’s a carpeted area with toys so that you can bring children to any service without worrying about how to entertain them.
When are the services?
You can join us for services at the following times:
- Our main Sunday service is at 9.30am. This is a sung service with organ/piano and a sermon, lasting about an hour. Usually a Parish Holy Communion, except on the third Sunday each month when we have a Service of the Word. We meet for coffee afterwards.
- We have an informal All Age Service on the first Sunday of each month at 11.30am. Lasting about half an hour, this is particularly geared towards families and young people.
- Morning Prayer:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 8.00am online, on our FaceBook page
- Tuesdays at 8.30am in church
- We also have a midweek celebration of Holy Communion on Wednesdays at 10.30am. This is a said communion service lasting about half and hour, followed by coffee.
Currently all 9.30am services are also available online. For details, see Online services.
Come and try us out
You are very welcome to join us at any of our services. Please do introduce yourself – we’d love to get to know you!
What’s it like being new at St Barnabas?
We moved to Emmer Green from Hillingdon in August 2021, leaving behind us a church family that we had been part of for over 30 years. So it was very important to us to find the right church in our new home town and we were fully prepared to try out all the local ones before deciding on “the one”.
St Barnabas was our first port of call and we haven’t worshipped anywhere else since. We felt “at home” straight away as everyone was friendly and welcoming in a very natural way. In the last year we have gradually become more involved with all that’s going on and we don’t feel like “the newbies” anymore.
The St Barnabas Church family is rooted in God’s love which we knew as soon as we walked through the door so we stayed!
Christine and Brian Bartlett