Fellowship groups, study and discussion groups and prayer groups play an important part in the life of St. Barnabas church.
These groups meet at different intervals and at different venues, published within the Sunday service notices. The aim of all these groups is to foster friendship, care and support for all church members in a variety of different ways.
Details of contacts for the adult groups are set out below. Please click on the highlighted names to send an email. Information on the provision for children and young people is on the Young people pages.
- Monday Evening Fellowship – Rosemary Weekes 948 2673
- Monday Evening Bible Study (Caversham Park Church) – Christine Viney 947 4585
- Monday Evening Fortnightly Bible Study – Marianne Long 947 9708 and Sandra Rice 07500 666803
- Wednesday Evening Weekly Bible Study – David Howell 07976 610833 (Parish Centre Manager)
- Thursday Morning Fellowship – Rev Derek Chandler and Ruth Thomas 947 4607
- Thursday Evening Oak Grove Fellowship Group – Shirley Corti 947 8343 and Marianne Long
- Thursday Evening, once a month, Study and Discussion Group – Jean Rae 947 0195
- Tea and Company (for older people) 2nd Friday of month – Mary Cameron 972 2942 and Gillian Wilson
- Lunch and Company (for older people) – last Friday of the month contact Mary Cameron 972 2942 and Juliet Holland for a place.
Sometimes these groups have provided an important resource for consultation, decision making and raising concerns within our church life. They have also contributed to Sunday worship on occasion. Anyone is welcome to join by speaking to the Vicar or to the individual leaders.