Our buildings

Brief History

Always a prominent local landmark, the first St. Barnabas Church building was constructed in the latter part of the 19th Century in the form of a corrugated iron mission church. This is still used as the present church hall and has just been refurbished.

The Current Church

A replacement church was started in the 1920s and was consecrated on 29th June 1929. The congregation and the community continue to hold the present church building in considerable affection and by its location St. Barnabas still possesses something of the character of the “village church” about it.

The Parish Centre

The vision of a previous generation gave us the original buildings and the present members thought about meeting the needs of a different era. The Parish Centre with its meeting rooms, information point, parish office, toilets and kitchen, provides a new expression of the church’s life for the Emmer Green community for generations to come.

Comments are closed.