By its geographical location St Barnabas lies at the heart of Emmer Green and is held in considerable affection by the local Community, possessing something of the character of the “Village Church” about it.
We are proud of our links with the local community and a number of groups use the Church Hall and take part in our annual Garden Party, such as the W.I. , Townswomen’s Guild, Scouts, Guides, Brownies, Residents Association, MAP Reading, children’s activity groups, and others.
Here are some links to local organisations.
- Emmer Green Residents Association – http://www.egra.co.uk/index.html
- Emmer Green Surgery – http://www.emmergreensurgery.co.uk/
- Emmer Green Primary School – http://www.emmergreenprimary.com/
- Emmer Green Pre-school – http://www.emmergreenpreschool.org.uk/
- The Hill Primary School – http://www.hill.reading.sch.uk/
For information about the local Scout, Cub, Beaver, Guide and Brownie groups please see Uniformed groups.